From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:03:40 EST
anon wrote about the baby ferrets way too young in the pet store and the
reply...
>Yes this is a problem we are addressing..  we have a large demand for
>ferrets more than usual over the past 6 months and the breeders are
>shipping them to fast so the (spokesman) i guess you can say ... just
>claims the problem is being addressed...

Micaela wrote about the 35 baby ferrets who DIED from freezing temperatures
at the aiport...

When people see cute baby ferrets in pet stores, where do they think they
come from?

It's clear that underage ferrets in pet stores is a real problem baby
ferrets are being shipped all over the country way too young to be away
from their mothers, some of them can't eat solid food, they're still
crying for their mothers

meanwhile, the mother ferrets spend their entire lives in small cages,
living only to breed, having their babies taken away from them way too
young

what will it take for people to stop supporting stores that sell very young
baby ferrets, who get new shipments in all the time to keep up with 'the
demand'?

what will it take for people to see the whole picture behind those cute
little underage babies?