From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:53:30 EST
Risa wrote:
>How about a special list of items that shelters sell?

Unless I'm misinterpreting, I believe this already exists. Go to
http://www.geocities.com/sheltershop/

This is a really wonderful service!  I know there are more shelters out
there who sell things, and I hope they have a chance to add to this list
so that people can support them.  Good site to bookmark!

Anon wrote the other day that his/her ferret was banging on the cage for
2 hours.  Hmmmm, I think your ferret needs more time to be out and around
and be a ferret, but then you probably already know that.  How about giving
him access to a whole room so he can run around as much as he needs to?
That way he won't be completely dependent on you to provide all his fun,
especially on those days you get home late, are tired, etc.

Tim (I think?) wrote
>also, he doesn't really like to be held.  he's a brat and wants to wiggle
>away to go do stuff he's not supposed to do, so i usually just let him go
>after a few seconds, do i need to hold him more?

The only time I really don't let a ferret down is if the ferret bites,
because then they know they will get put down if they bite.  So in that
case I hold them a while longer.  But normally, if a ferret wants to get
down and play, I usually kiss him/her on the nose and let him get down and
play.  Several of my fuzzies are ALWAYS trying to climb my legs (I think
they want treats more than to be picked up to tell you the truth).  I do
agree with the person who said they're all different, some like to cuddle
more and some like to play more.  But if they want to play or explore, I
let them play or explore.  And it's up to you as caretaker to ferret proof
EVERYTHING that a ferret has access to.  It's not easy, and it's never
done, as many people can tell you.  And accidents happen.  But I think
you do the best you can, and then let a ferret be a ferret...

Ronnie