From:
Julie Fossa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:04:13 -0800
Someone wondered why they got no responsed as to why a ferret's tail would
bottle brush shortly before passing away.  I suspect there were no replies,
because we simply do not know for sure.  (At least I've never seen a cause
identified.)

I have wondered the same...I suspect it may be, that as the ferret's
systems are shutting down, there may be a 'surge' of adrenalin, causing
the tail to brush, as in excitement at other times.

I like to think that the little one has just spotted the rainbow bridge,
and is excited to check out what lies ahead.

Julie

Julie Fossa
West Central Ohio Ferret Shelter
419/ 225-8383