From:
"Sandra L. Fox" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 05:38:59 -0500
I want to thank everyone who kept Timmy in their thoughts and/or prayers.
He is doing great!  The vet was surprised he lasted the first night after
surgery and is thrilled with his progress.  His spleen was precancerous,
the adrenal was definately malignant (hopefully he got it all), the liver
had benign cysts (although this could cause problems down the road it is ok
now) and the pancreas was normal.  He is only 10 days post-op, but he wants
to run and play for 15-20 minutes at a time.  He is gradually weaning from
the duck soup to his regular diet and is starting to drink on his own.
It's great to see him recovering so well (and to be able to get more than
2-3 hours sleep between feedings!).  His surgery was quite expensive, but
the little guy is worth it.  He was one of our first babies we adopted from
an abuse situation.

Sandra