From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:00:06 -0500
Anonymous writes:
>As Dr. Williams said, she is on hormone replacements to help her out which
>includes .025cc of 5mg/ml prednisone suspension daily and a pericortin
>injection every 6-9 weeks (we discovered she needed the injection early
>on when she had severe weight loss).  It has been nearly two years since
>the surgery (she also had 1/3 of her pancreas removed at the time for
>insulinoma) and she is doing wonderfully well.

Yes, and we have Ashling doing fabulously on the alternative medication
grouping: Florinef and Prednisone.  Also, had one in the past (Hjalmar) who
had Florinef for a while due a temporary suppression and partial atrophying
of the non-diseased adrenal.  Although they aren't always needed, such
meds are incredible when there is cause to give them; the individuals can
literally go from dying to being about normal for their situations in
hours.  Given the alternatives there are even options for the ferrets which
have less than optimal results with one or the other.

Scoots has reached that point where he is a bit antsy and wants to do more
than he should.  It's always a relief seeing them bounce back so well.  In
about 2 weeks from when we picked him up he will have a follow-up to test
his bilirubin with hopes that it is now back to normal levels.  (Have to
also do a TN panel on Jumpstart who very possibly has an adrenal growth,
and it's very likely that Seven has an adrenal growth now, so we will
juggle surgical needs.  This happens when too many are in the same general
age grouping.)