From:
Larry McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:47:38 -0600
Well, Socks had his 2nd ultrasound today and the news isn't good.  His
adrenal tumor has enlarged, lymph nodes are enlarged and so is his prostate
gland.  Dr. Thompson wasn't there today but I spoke with Dr. Martin.  They
didn't aspirate any of the lymph nodes, she wants me to be able to speak
with Dr. Thompson.  She did, however, give me the name of the vet in Ft.
Wayne, Indiana, that does cryo and laser surgery.  I'll be speaking with
him tomorrow.

They're hesitant to put him on prednisone because of the odd infection he
had back in October, because they don't want to harm his immune system.
To look at him you'd never know Socks had anything going on inside of him.
You can be sure that I'll be speaking long to Dr. Cawood.

I realize that the enlarged lymph nodes could be nothing, caused by
anything, and I also know it could be the beginning of lymphosarcoma.

Dr. Williams, have you seen this happen many times with ferrets with
adrenal, that the nodes enlarge and aren't cancerous?  Right now I'm at the
cross-road.  I know what I have to do, and that's call Dr. Cawood.  But any
insight you can give me just on the sound of the symptoms would be greatly
appreciated.

Please, would you all think good thoughts for my grand old man?

Thanks,

Rebecca & the worried Crew of Merry Mayhem
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and
 taste good with ketchup"