From:
Dori Burnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 00:43:03 -0800
Hey Russ--I've seen the "killer" attitude you describe when your babee girl
is playing with her new toy.  My Spanky is the most lovable and gentle
ferret I have ever had but when I bring out the "whip" he turns into a
bad-ass boy.  It is an old horse's lunge-(sp-) whip that has tassles on the
end of it.  I use it like an ole fishin pole for carpet sharks!  It's quite
long so I swish it all over the house and under tables and up on furniture
and he is so intent on "killing" it I don't even think he knows I am on the
other end.  once he gets ahold of it he treats it like he would a live
snake.  It's almost scary- he's so serious...But right after the game he's
right in my face with kisses and has never been aggresive and I've been
playing with him like that for at least 3 years.  He's the only boy I've
ever had so I don't know if the females have a different attitude about
hunting.

His 'lil Sister is kinda afraid of it and doesn't join in that game at all.
On the other and the best mouser I ever had -including cats- was my second
little female years ago.  But then again, she was a biter, too.  ..Anyway,
just my 2 cents worth !

      ~Dori~