From:
Carla Almaraz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:54:41 -0800
[log in to unmask] wrote:
>He wants to play less often, and tires easily when he does.
>...but this year he's gotten fatter than usual, ...Also he may be
>breathing more heavily, but i may be imagining this.

I had a ferret that suffered anaphylaxis from Fervac.  Less than 6 months
later, I noticed that he was not playing as much and was breathing heavily.
The vet discovered he had heart problems.  Could it be coincidental to the
reaction?  Yup.  But please read this article from a well-respected ferret
vet.  Perhaps Dr. Williams will comment on this.
http://www.acmeferret.com/infobank/anaphyl.htm

Dr. Wardell says:
>First, if the antigen-antibody reaction occurs in the walls of the blood
>vessels or the muscle of the heart, direct damage to these structures may
>result.

Please get your kid into the vet and get his heart checked.  Cooper's
heart problem was easily controlled with Enacard.  He didn't require Lasix.
I also used Co-Q10.

    -Carla