From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 03:56:58 -0700
todays count at Especially Ferrets Inc.  is 143 ferrets in the shelter.
there are 6 running loose in the shelter including Niko, my new shelter
mascot.  There are 17 in the sick room, with 2 critical, one is on oxygen
and has an IV for fluids.  All except for a couple of biters, most of the
rest are wonderfully adoptable.  so if you live in colorado or can drive to
the shelter and are looking for a really sweet ferret or two??  please help
us find them good homes.  We DO NOT ship ferrets.  Even though it says on
my web site in BOLD letters that we DO NOT ship ferrets, I still get
applications from all over the world.  This last week has been really bad
for us.  Last nite, after writing the post on losing two ferrets, I went to
be with the one who was seizing.  He was calmly laying on the bed with me
about 2am when he seized for the last time.  It seems it never gets easy
for me to lose them.  We had an emergency come in last nite.  These folks
found a ferret ion their doorstep that was lethargic and wouldn't eat
anything.  they brought him in and I started him on fluids and gave him
something to eat.  He seemed to be peeing on himself and later he peed
on me when I was feeding him some soft food that we make here for sick
ferrets.  I suspect he may have a UTI so gave him a shot of zinocef.  he
got another one this am ans he was observed eating hard Totally Ferret and
drinking on his own.  Tonight he is romping around in the sick room and if
he doesn't slow down, I'm just going to have to kick him out of there.  I
like that part of my shelter duties here.

Running out of room here so goodnite, and hugs.
Ferretguy