From:
Sonya Grable <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:40:01 GMT
To the poster who wrote about grass pellets for litter:

I've been using small, alfalfa pellets from a local feed supply store for
almost a year now.  It's not rabbit food or pellets (which can be fortified
with salt, molasses, etc.), but plain ol' alfalfa pellets.  I've seen it in
three different sizes (lengths and diameters), but I get the small ones.
A 50# bag costs $6.49 where I live.  I like them better than woodstove
pellets because there is little to no dust and they seem to dry out (from
urine) much quicker and hold their shape better.  I guess they have a
slight feed/grain odor, but it is very mild and non- offensive, IMO.  I
change their litter regularly, so for me there isn't a problem with it not
'masking' any associated odors.  They've never shown any interest in eating
it and there hasn't been any sneezing or coughing from it that I'm aware
of.  The brand I use just happens to be locally produced, and is sun-dried,
but I really don't think either of these matter, or make any difference.

Hope this helps.

Sonya