From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:43:20 -0500
Howdy all & dooks to the furkids.

I've followed some of the discourse on introducing dogs and ferrets and
know caution is warranted with any new creature (great or small).
BUT, .... to revive an old topic:

Any insight into German Shorthaired Pointers?  My pd has one and we
discussed introductions.  I know that they are bred as hunters; this one
was rescued from a shelter and we're not sure to what extent he may have
been hunted.  He does seem to show that he was trained -- to some extent --
at one point, which makes me a little nervous, but he is generally a very
good-natured dog...

Andy, Cody, Lily, Tripod Bob, Oscar, & Witzy