From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 07:35:31 -0700
Hi everyone!

Well, by the time this post reaches your mail box, it will be the LAST
day of the Lost Ferrets Online Treasure Hunt!  Please visit
http://www.geocities.com/lostferrets/contest.html for more information!

In regards to breeders bashing other breeders.  First of all, I think
stating an opinion is perfectly acceptable.  And their are several people
on this list who's opinions I regard very highly, and would like to have
the use of in weighing my own.  (Along with facts, etc., of course, I'm not
just going to take anyone's opinion as canon.) It may seem to some that a
breeder who states a negative opinion about another breeder is just trying
to hurt their competition.  However, I believe the particular breeders to
which Dee is most likely referring have more scruples than that.  Also,
stating an opinion has no reciprocal legal action.  However, if the breeder
were to go into detail, it COULD have reciprocal legal action.  We saw
this in the case of KiSta vs Horrible-Shelter-Which-Shall-Remain-Nameless.
(Though I think the lawyer was full of bologna,) Kim was told she could
state her opinion about the other shelter, but posting any details would
be considered slanderous.  (libelous?  can never remember which is
which...heeehee.)  That was shelter vs shelter, and too someone who didn't
know the details, might have been considered shelter "bashing" shelter.
(We ALL know THAT isn't the case. *shudder*)  That being said, I would
like to point out that to a certain degree, the breeder-in-question, (or
since no names were named in Dee's post, thank you Dee,) the
breeder-I-assume-is-in-question, DID, in their post, list at least one
reason why they didn't like that other breeder.  I believe they sited
problems with breeding stock.

=====
Melissa
www.geocities.com/lostferrets