From:
citygirl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:57:05 -0500
Dear FMLers--
Recently my little (dog-pound) ferret named Max passed over the rainbow
bridge.  He was completely bald but we loved him with or without hair.
One of my other ferrets was his fierce protector and would curl around
him in the hammock to warm him with his luxurious fur.  After Max died,
the heart seemed to go out of Baby--he would barely get out of his cage
and when he did he would just find some place to lay down and sleep.

The night before last, he was left out accidentally and wandered into the
bathroom while Mommy was there--so I picked him up and hugged him and put
him back in the cage.  Last nite while I was at the hairdresser trying to
get something done with my ragmop hair, he passed over the bridge.  When
DH came to pick me up he told me the news.  Apparently he had let all the
ferrets out of their cages and Baby didnt get out.  So he nudged him and he
didnt move.  DH checked his heart with the stethoscope, but he was gone.
He apparently just went to sleep and died, as his eyes were closed.

He missed that little bald ferret so much that he went to join him--so if
the other ferrets in the sky see this elderly silver mitt wandering over
the bridge, I hope they have lots of socks for him to steal as this was
his favorite thing.  He was the gentlest of all my ferrets--he was also a
rescue as my daughter found him being chased by dogs in Independence MO
parking lot.  I now have 4 ferrets left.  I expect that Sara will be the
next to leave us as she is elderly and Igloo is so quiet now also.  It is
indeed a sad day here.

DH buried him next to Max in our memorial garden where there is now one
dog, 2 cats and 2 ferrets--artificial flowers are on their graves and they
are sheltered by a grapevine with statues of Mary and Joseph overlooking
them.  I have been trying to keep from crying as this has been a very
crappy year, and I was so hoping we would not lose anyone.  Thanks for
listening.