From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:13:23 -0700
Ouch!!  That hurt!  It's a very painful thing when a hard drives crashes!
I lost everything-which I guess is pretty much normal!  Anyway-being
computerless for a week has me backed up, so to those who are awaiting a
response from me....it may take a few days!  There are a number of people
who I communicate with on my whizbang account-since I lost everything in my
address book, I am hoping that you guys will take a minute to resend me you
addresses and phone numbers!  I also lost my shelter lists-with address, so
if you are one of the shelters I correspond with-please resend your info!
I lost all my files...Toronto info...ferret food recipes...all my bookmarks
to ferret related sites!  I lost a lot of other stuff too, but I was most
upset over all my ferret stuff!  So please, if you are one of my beloved
ferret buddies...please resend your contact info-including your addresses
and phone numbers to <[log in to unmask]>

Also, I was the one who originally posted about animal entry into Canada
for those going to the Symposium.  The info I posted was taken out of a
book I have at work that lists entry requirements into all countries.  This
book is very official looking and since we send a lot of people overseas,
I can't imagine this book would be wrong...but it is dated Jan of '99 so
maybe things have changed!  It states...all animals entering Canada must
have a health certificate signed by a licensed vet with a complete
description of the animal and a record of immunizations.  It says for "all
animals" entering Canada and does not specify flying or driving.  So, it is
my belief that this certificate is required....but I have heard the chances
of anyone actually asking for it is very slim.  I guess you just need to
decide if you want to risk it.

And about the money...the exchange rate is very favorable right now and
most US Banks do not charge to convert your money!  I recommend only
taking what you think you will spend because the exchange rate back into
US Dollars is the opposite!  So just take a little cash!  Use your credit
card or AAA offers Canadian Travelers Checks!

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants,
sure of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow