From:
Joanne D'Amico <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 16:46:37 -0400
For what it is worth - I give Peaches, my 4 year old female both Prednisone
(1/4 tablet 2 X day) and Proglycem ( 50 mg/mL suspension, 0.2 mL 2 X day).
The Proglycem is expensive ($120 for 30 mL, lasts about 2 1/2 months) and
tastes as bad as Flagyl (I tasted it).  I mix the meds in 2-3 Tbsp of Duck
Soup or Bob C's Chicken Gravy made without Nutrical (to avoid the sugar)or
honey.  I add a few drops of Ferretone or Ferret Coat on top as an extra
treat.  She loves it, scarfs it right up, and has been doing great for the
last 6 months.  I do not give her any treats that have carbs in them - no
raisins or other fruit, no cheerios, nada, except for a few chunks of
Pro-Plan Kitten Chow - mine think it is a treat, they get a mixture of
Totally Ferret, Wysong and Innova for their regular food - so she gets
that, Duck Soup, or a drop or so of Ferretone, and she has not crashed
since that first awful time.  Her blood sugar checks have been OK as well.

Joanne and the Seven Wonders - Peaches & Dudley, Sugar & Taz (the
terrible twins), Dooker, Precious and Maximus (all ferrets of course -
why improve on perfection?)