From:
Mal Chick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:00:04 EDT
I just wanted to put in my own comment on veterinarians.  Vets are fine,
noble people to devote their whole life and career to helping animals, but
the fact is is that they're basically DOCTORS.

Doctors, as we all know, are opinionated and have their OWN rules for
diagnosis and treatment.  One vet may think that a certain measure is too
risky and unnecessary to be taken, while another may deem it vital and
important.

If something doesn't sound right to you or you are unsure, whether it be
for your health or your pets', PLEASE get a second or even third opinion,
and make sure to ask for the help of people like the FML'ers.  We have
quite the amazing bunch of ferret experts and even a few scientists,
besides the smart vets that get the FML.

Sorry if I offended anyone, it's nothing personal in the least, it's just
smart thinking.

Also...

>The 8in1's food that is sold in the small boxes at WalMart has:
>Minimum 28% Protein
>Minimum 8% Fat

I didn't know they sold 8 in 1 at wal mart!  Anyhoo, please remember that
8 in 1 makes two very different ferret foods with very similar names.  The
8 in 1 ULTIMATE is a great food and comes in a purple bag, WHile the ULTRA
is pretty awful.

Just mah 2 cents!

~Jessica and the Raisinettes

[Moderator's note: I also remember reading in past FMLs that the WalMart
8 in 1 is yet a third (and significantly worse) version, packed especially
for WalWart.  I should look in the archives but I'm gonna head to sleep
soon -- it's even getting late for me!  BIG]