From:
Sandy Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 21:35:50 -0500
Hello everyone..

Well, I certainly didn't expect to be writing another of my baby's stories
anytime soon..  we did have 10 over 5 years of age..  now 8... and we did
have 4 with insulinoma..  now 2..  each day is sooo precious with these
little ones..  please give yours an extra hug tonight..  cause we never
know what tomorrow will bring..

Thank you all who've written on Tazz's passing..  Tazz & Kato are now
buried underneath an English rose in our garden..  together tonight and
forever more..

Kato & Mitzi were our 4th & 5th ferrets to join the family last May..
Kato's original owner was going to have him put to sleep because he was
bald.  Kato was recovering from adrenal surgery..  funny looking little
beastie..  long and skinny as could be with dark fur on his tail and feet
and head..  a beautiful mask... Mitzi was a pudgy dark little girl.. quiet
as could be..  didn't seem to have a whole lot of smarts..  Mike says now
that she's the brains of the operation though you just can't tell it..

Kato & Mitzi settled in with our 3 just perfectly..  Kato had to be coaxed
to eat..  but finally decided that kibble was a good thing..  gained weight
and filled out so he was a fat nekkid ferret..  and then miracle of
miracles his hair began to grow in..  in corkscrews..  his whole naked
little body was covered in short curly hair..  that when it filled out
was a dark brown with a white undercoat..

Kato was a perfect ferret..  always used the litterbox..  loved to cuddle..
he loved raisins..  and loved the dryer hoses..  and loved to play with
jingle balls..  and he loved to be held at the end of the evening before
being tucked in for the night..

Kato developed insulinoma... and we've been gradually increasing his doses
over the last year..  On Wednesday of this last week he had a bad seizure
and I took him into the vet, who found a Urinary tract infection that he
felt had his system off kilter..  we started antibiotics but obviously his
insulinoma had gotten alot worse as well..

Today he ate well..  played in the tubes as normal this morning..  before
leaving this afternoon I wanted to check on them..  since we'd just lost
Tazz I didn't want to take any chances..  and my poor Kato was having a
seizure..  took him out did the karo syrup and had no luck..  got him
around enough to take some recipe..  he ate about 10 cc's and then about
20 minutes later went into screaming seizures..  it was sooo very scary...
within an hour he was gone...

Two in 4 days........ it's so hard to lose them..  but i treasure each day
I had with Kato Kay and the Tazzman..  I just hope it's a long time before
I have to say good bye to another one..  but Beezer has abdominal tumours..
and Cassieandra is 6 and has insulinoma..  so I know that my time is
limited with them too..

Sandy, Mike & Joseph
and The Adams Family Ferrets
Missing Tazz & Kato oh so much..