From:
Jaymi Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 16:54:45 EDT
Can NUPRO go bad?  I wasn't using it for a couple of months, and I just
kept the container in the ferrets' room (not in the fridge or anything).  I
don't want to use it until I know that it's OK (it still smells the same).

I change the ferrets' blankies once a week.  No matter how much I wash
them, or what I use to wash them with, they still have an odor.  Now I
don't mind ferret odor (don't let them know I said that they even *have*
an odor!), I just want the blankies to smell nice and clean.  Is there a
certain type of detergent I should try?  Has anyone used that new Febreeze
laundry additive (it supposedly takes the odors out of clothes)?  Is it
safe?  I have enough bedding for thirty ferrets (and I have four) so the
new stuff goes at the bottom of the pile.  I mention this because I know
that with the Febreeze spray you should let it air out for a bit before
putting it back into their cage.  The clean stuff sits out for a few weeks
before it's even used.

Last question.  With shedding time coming up, I know that I'll be cleaning
their bedding even more due to all of the hair that gets on it.  I can
*never* get the hair off of the bedding.  I beat the heck out of it before
it goes in the laundry (to get off excess), and that doesn't do anything.
It doesn't matter how much I wash it and how many times I put it in the
dryer because I swear those hairs have glue on them.  I'm about to take a
piece of packing tape to the darn things, but that will be quite tedious.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get that hair off of the
blankets?

Thanks so much!

Jaymi + Leroy, Petra, Heidegger, and Reggie aka Winona
http://hometown.aol.com/heavenontv/ferrets.html (Come check us out!)