From:
Erika Vinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 20:31:28 -0700
Granted, your scenario of the plight of the kits maybe right on,  please =
consider this:

Although I have no access to MF's p&l statements,I sincerely doubt that the
profit in the kits is all that much.  It is all the extras that are needed:
food,hammocks, litter, toys, etc.  all the "basics" for setting up and
maintaining a ferret.  They bait prospective owners with a 1yr guar.  ONLY
if you feed their product.  The mark up is alot higher on the sundries.

And this is where we need to stop buying from them.  There are other
manufacturers out there - and with better product.

The pet industry is only the overflow from the lab and fur sales.  One of
the pet shops I worked in sold MF kits - I know what they cost wholesale,
how they are shipped, and the freight cost from NY to northern KY.  They
are cheap - and shipped the cheapest way possible.  If they die in transit -
no problem because MF will replace them.  I bought 2 b4 I knew better.  My
other 7 are rescues- 6 of those MF.  Personally, I will NEVER buy from MF -
and I tell any one I can about the options out there and why they should
not buy MF products.

Thanks for hearing my .02