From:
Julie Guardino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 13:30:25 -0500
I've just returned to Kansas City from ferrets 2000 and wanted to post to
say heart felt thanks to everyone involved in the planning of this event.

To Randy Belair, it must have been so hard and time consuming to put this
together.  But it was so wonderful.  Thank you so much for all that you
did.  Everyone had a great time.  The speakers were just fabulous.  I won't
go into detail about the topics as some of you have already done that.  I
just want to say that it was so much more than I expected.  I went there
only physically knowing two people.  I came home with dozens of new
friends!  I always felt so welcome everywhere I went.  I could sit at any
table with anyone and feel welcome.  But I shouldn't have been surprised,
we are ferret people afterall!

To Gary H.  It was a real honor to finally meet you.  Your gentle spirit
was so present in everything you said and did.  You are a truly special
man.  I hope we weren't too rough on you!

To Bob C.  Well, what can I say...You are the best and was a real treat to
spend some time with you.  Poncho was all filled with questions about you
when I got home.  I gave him kisses from you.  As you know, I DO believe
that my ferrets understand English and are able to communicate to me in
English!

To Dr. Williams.  You were absolutely fascinating!  I could have listened
to you go on all day.  I learned so much, now to convince my vet of some
of your ideas!  Also...sorry about the drunken VonTrapp family singers, I
don't know WHO they could have been!

To TroyLynn It was great to finally meet you and spend time talking.
Thanks for all you do for the ferrets and for all of the support you have
given me over the past couple of years.  I'm just sorry we had to leave
for our plane in the middle of your talk!

To BIG: You were just wonderful!  A big, pardon the pun, teddy bear!
Thanks for putting up with all of the silliness and for keeping things
together.  Do you EVER sleep?   [Well, I was sleeping a couple of days
ago when I screwed up an anonymous post!  BIG]

To the Ohio Connection, you know who you are...Thanks for making me feel
so welcome and loved Friday night at dinner.  You are all really special
people and some of the funniest people I have ever met!

I could go on and on, but suffice it to say, Thank you to everyone I met
and who made ferrets 2000 a truly memorable experience.  I can hardly wait
to do it again!

Julie and Poncho, Razz, Boo and Deli