From:
Cari Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 07:47:25 EDT
[Moderator's note: Cari posted a not on the FML yesterday inviting FMLers
to answer a survey for a project.  Turns out she had tried to post the
survey but it was rejected due to length.  It wasn't really that long, it
was just a little strangely formatted, so her is the survey in whole.  BIG]

Hi everyone.  I am a sixth year pharmacy student who currently owns 4
wonderful fuzzies of my own.  I am doing a project on Ferret Medications
and part of my project is a survey for ferret owners.  If anyone is
interested in participating in my survey for pharmacy school, please print
out the following survey, complete it and snail mail it to me at:

C Miller
4205 Chester Avenue
Apt 104
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Below are several questions regarding pharmaceutical treatment options for
ferrets.  Please circle the answer (s) that best describes your furry
friends.

How many ferrets do you presently own?  __________

How often does your ferret require medication?
   Daily          Weekly          Monthly          Every 2-3 months
   Every 6 months          Annually

Where do you get your ferret(s) medications?
  Veterinarian Office        Shelter          Mail Order
  Retail Pharmacy            Other (__________)

What type of medication would your ferret prefer?
  Liquids              Flavored Pastes
  Chewable treats      Injectables

If you were able to choose the flavor of your ferret's medication, which of
the following do you think he/she would like?  (Circle all that apply)

  Anise           Apple            Apple-Ade      Apricot        Banana
  Beef            Black Walnut     Blackberry     Blueberry      Bubble Gum
  Butter Rum      Butter           Butterscotch   Caramel        Cheese
  Cheesecake      Cherry           Chicken        Chocolate      Cinnamon
  Coconut         Coffee           Cola           Creme MeMent   Eggnog
  English Toffee  Eucalyptus       Fish           Grape          Guava
  Honey           Horehound        Kahlua         Lemon          Lime
  Liver           Maple            Margarita      Marshmallow    Orange
  Peach           Peanut Butter    Peppermint     Pina Colada    Pineapple
  Pumpkin         Raspberry        Root Beer      Spearmint      Strawberry
  Tangerine       Tequila Sunrise  Tropical Punch Tutti Frutti
  Vanilla Butternut   Vanilla      Watermelon     Wild Cherry    Wintergreen

Of those flavors that you circled, which three would you rank the highest
on your ferret's favorite list?
 1. ________________________
 2. ________________________

Please list some of your ferret(s)' favorite foods (cereal, beverages,
treats, etc.)

Has your veterinarian ever ordered a medication for your ferret that had
to  be compounded by a pharmacist?      Yes         Don't Know        No

Would you be interested in purchasing prescriptions that have been
compounded specifically for ferrets?    Yes         Undecided         No

Who is your ferret (s)' regular veterinarian and in what town/city, State
is their practice?  (*Optiona*)

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey.