From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:20:00 EDT
MF's subscriptions are issue-based, that is you are buying 6 issues for
$19.95, not one year.  When they are able to keep to their normal
publication schedule, you get an issue every other month, so 6 issues is
normally one year.

Its a bi monthly subscription if Im not mistaken.  Which means every two
months not whenever the magazine is put out.  And it is a years
subscription.

Im very bothered by the arguing about this.  I just read Kats post and I
have to say that she has to be one of the most kindest and honest people
on the list that I have ever had the pleasure of communicating with.  To
see the following posted by her:

i guess i should just have stayed out of it...i usually see both sides of
something...but as i stated...i basically wanted to say that some of us
WERE interested in what Mary had to say...and we still are...

Kat you were seeing both sides and no one should be afraid to post the way
you feel.  I understand that people have personal problems and they do get
ill or the family gets ill, but lets remember that in business when people
spend money on something its expected that it will be recieved.  I would
love for the phone company to shut down for a while for any reason and see
if anyone though it was a valad reason.  I could see the lines of people
screaming for a refund now.  I also feel that if people feel that they
deserve a refund since the publication cannot stick to its bimonthly
publication, then all of there monies should be refunded.  Part of the
responsibility of a business is to make sure that its supplies reach the
people who have paid for them.  I am sure that everyone out there has
complained to one place or another about unsatisfactory service from a
"business".  So please lets be fair to EVERYONE and not just to "Mary and
Eric".

I personally did not subscribe to the magazine but I buy it at Petco and
have noticed the time it takes to recieve a new issue but I do look forward
to it.  I am very sorry that they have illness(apparently severe)in there
family.  But I do have to admit that if I paid for a subscription I would
definitely be a little PO'ed that it was not arriving for whatever reason,
while once knowing the situation that they I would be a little more
understanding.  But we cannot expect everyonre to feel the way that we do.
It was a business that these people sent there money to whether we are
personal friends with them or not.

But please lets do see all sides of the fence when we look at something and
I know myself that it is hard to do.  And before you pick sides think back
to when a business that you pay your hard earned money to has not come
through for you, what was your first responce, do you tip a waiter 20% if
it takes your food an hour to be brought to the table, maybe the cooks
family was in an accident, maybe the waiter was evicted from his home and
has nowhere to live now, or do you go to the manager and complain ad get
your food for free or become disgusted with the business and leave and
never return.

In closing I would like to add that the owners of MF will be in my prayers
every night.  Lets also show them alot of understanding because we have
all had illness and death in our families and this is one place that I feel
we can make each other better through our caring for one another.  And
remember that God watches over all of us and although the road seems rough
ahead hes there to carry us through the rough times in our lives.

Happy Dooking

Piko, Ghengus, Loki
Matt and Ron