From:
Ron Knipple <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 19:08:06 EDT
Well as usual its been a few weeks since I have had time to post and now
is a good time!  Since the furrys are sleeping.  I have been reading daily
though and have some questions I hope someone can help with.  I almost made
the switch to Totally Ferret a few mos ago, and now since all of this bad
bach, Im not sure I want to right now.  I seem to recall reading today that
they use chicken by products(but only the top chicken by products).  What
exactly are the best by products and what makes what they use better than
the others.  I pretty much thought by products were parts of the chicken or
animal that people dont eat.  Hooves nails beaks ect.  Just wish to be
enlightened.  I currently feed 8 in One Marshalls and premium kitty kibble.
My ferrets are healyth shiny and seem fine.

Also my Petco here which quite a few of the employees are ferret friendly
and a few even own ferrets got a shipment in from Marshall Farms.  I
noticed the new batch as I thought Ferret Math was going to hit me
again!!!!  =) But the house had a note saying they were not for sale until
7-28.  The kits did seem tiny but I do remember how tiny my Piko was at 8
weeks and shes still slim and petiete.  She actually exercises while she
eats by taking one kibble at a time and runs across the apt to eat it.  And
my apt is 1000 sq feet.  The ferrets seemed healthy and were alert and very
energetic.  Playing ect also observed them being able to eat the kibble and
drink from the bttl.  I guess the mgr.  thought maybe they were a bit too
small to sell and decided to hold off on them.  But what I wanted to do is
get some important info from you other ferret lovers online, rewrite and
give to Petco, a small handbook about the decision and care of ferrets.
Everything from deciding to own, responsibilities, to feeding deseases ect.
Try to cover all bases.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
and I would be more than happy once the booklet is complete to email copies
of it to anyone who requests it.  Im becoming very saddened with all of the
shelter dropoffs recently and even some shelter returns I have read about.
And I feel if the booklet only helps one person make an educated choice of
adopting a ferret, it was all worth my time and effort.  I will also try to
put a chapter about ferrets given back and the need for loving homes for
the older/returned ferrets.  As some peoples lifestyles will mesh with an
older ferret.

Also the booklet will not have any names including mine.  Will say written
by the thousands of ferret lovers all over the world.  And Im going to
start working on my ferret webpage soon so my fuzzies faces wont be a
mystery.

God Bless all and much love!!!

Piko, Ghengus, Loki,
Matt and Ron