From:
Amy McNamara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:34:26 -0500
Well, after almost a year of not bringing anyone new home (unless you
count the dog, of course) it was bound to happen!  I volunteer at the GCFA
shelter every Tuesday night (since December of last year, I can't believe I
held out so long).  On July 25th I decided to bring a two-year-old MF boy
named Joe home with me for a "visit" (yah right).  He had just lost his
cagemate Jack the Saturday before.  This was his second time in the
shelter, the guy who adopted him had to bring him back due to allergies.
Joey was very lethargic and when let out for playtime he wouldn't even play
with the toys or me, he just layed there.  After a week of visiting, we
have decided to adopt him.  Please welcome Joey to the brat pack, including
his new brothers and sisters, Miya, Nina, Rascal, and Jack, along with Koty
the doggie.  He is a very welcome (and plump!  <g>) addition to our growing
family!

On a much sadder note, I had to say good-bye to my mom's doggie, Mitzi,
yesterday.  She would have been turning 13 on 8/30.  She was a cocker
spaniel/poodle mix that we've had since I was 8 years old.  She developed
mammory tumors (from never being spayed) and soon the cancer spread to her
lungs so she has recently been having difficulty breathing.  My mom has
been faced with the much dreaded decision to have her put down.  I told her
when Mitzi stops eating and her quality of life is not as good as it once
was, that it was time to let go.  So today (Friday) at 3:30 she is bringing
her to the vet to help her to the bridge.

Sandee, if you could, I know she's a doggie but she already has a human
waiting for her.  Look up my dad Mike - I'm sure he'll be with his two cats
and dog from earlier years - I've told Mitzi all about you and the bridge
and how she won't have trouble walking or breathing anymore, that she'll be
as good as new again and my dad will be there to greet her.  This is the
first time I've had to deal with a pet dying - so even though it's not a
ferret or technically my dog anymore I still felt the need to share.

Thanks everyone for all their support and information every day - you guys
are heaven sent! ;O)  Lots of love to those with sick, injured, or angeled
furkids.  2 weeks until Miya's exploratory surgery - please keep your
fingers (and paws) crossed!

*dooks*

Amy & the brat pack

===