Date:
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 08:37:09 -0500
Recently acquired a SuperPet, and thought I did quite well, considering it
was my only choice in the store....LOL

Got it set up and thought it was SO COOL.  Posted about it on Acme, and got
some nice suggestions on modifying it.

Yes, the side doors are small, but my old cage had ONE door and was 2 feet
deep, so even small doors are nice.

It was also pointed out that the tubes connecting each level could be hard
on a fert's back, so I watched very carefully (cage is right next to my
computer, so observation was easy), and yes, I could see they had to sort
of struggle up the slippery interior.

I got some extra ramps and shelves, and it is now 8 leveled (couple corner
shelves)...but the ramps still looked slippery to me, so I hot-glued
carpeting on them.  My 4 girls rip up and down them like crazy, so I guess
they like the modifications.  Last thing I will add is maybe a couple small
open-weave plastic baskets with blankies in them.

The tubing is on the floor and they play in that when they're out.

I must be really lucky, because I only need 1 litter box on the bottom.
I've seen all 4, lounging around at the top, then suddenly make a dash to
the bottom for the litter pan.

And, yes, I thought the wheels looked pretty flimsy, so I didn't use the
stand.  I'll set their old cage on it, and connect the 2 (haven't figured
out how yet, but somehow through one of the small side doors.

All in all, a nice cage......with mods.
Diane I.
WI