Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 03:30:08 EDT
Received a call from someone in the Pecos, TX rural area who needs help
with placing a number of animals.  She runs a pot-bellied pig rescue, has
dogs and cats that folks have "dropped off" and also has 3 ferrets and
several sugar gliders.

A recent accident (if I understood her correctly) has left her
semi-disabled and has also placed a great strain on her marriage.  The
combined difficulties are making it very difficult for her to physically
care for the animals, and an impending divorce will make it almost
financially impossible.  She's asking for help from anyone who might be
able to take in, or refer potential foster/adoptive homes for, most of
her animals, including the ferrets.

The 3 ferrets are female, between 2-3 years old, and can not be separated.
I believe they are current on their vaccinations but am not 100% positive -
she did mention she goes to a very good vet (one that I know <g>).  ECE
status is unknown; they've either never been exposed or were exposed as
young kits before she got them, since they've "never been sick." Cage,
bedding, food and all supplies will be included with the girls.

The situation isn't "screaming desperate" yet - but any help or suggestions
would be appreciated.  She's hoping to place the majority within the next
month so that she won't have to do "emergency placements."  Please email
me & I'll forward her contact info to you.

Potential adopters in the El Paso/Las Cruces area - we may be able to help
with transport, if needed.

Thank you!

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
 they're gone."