From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:01:20 EDT
A while ago, Connie wrote:
>There will be a Blessing for All Creatures day on Sunday, October 1 in Rye,
>NY.  The event will be held at Wainwright House between 2 PM - 5:30 PM.

The Festival of Saint Francis, the patron saint of animals, is celebrated
by many organizations by planning a blessing for animals.  St John the
Divine Church in NYC has been doing this for years, and many other churches
do also.  There was a wonderful blessing recently at Ferretstock in NH.

Since the actual feast day of St Francis is Oct 4, this year's festivities
are split between the first 2 weekends in Oct.  Here are a few more:

--Blessing of Animals, Sunday Oct 1 at 2:30, United Church of Christ,
  Boltin Hill Rd, Cornwall, CT (follow signs from Rt 4), sponsored by the
  Little Guild of St Francis for the Welfare of Animals.

--Festival of St Francis, Oct 7, 10:00 am-1:00 pm; pet contests, snack bar,
  raffles, books, exhibits, vendors, kids' stuff, more (not sure what time
  the actual blessing is); St James Episcopal Church, Great Barrington, MA;
  413-528-1460.

--Peace Lutheran Church, Sun Oct 1 at 11:00 a.m., Rt .126, Wayland MA;
  508-358-7110.

 **
On an unrelated note, I am trying to get in touch with Charlene Lowe.
Charlene, are you still on the list?  or, does anyone have her current
email address?  thanks

Ronnie