From:
"Sally St. Germain" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:32:30 -0400
It is with intense grief that I tell my FML family, we helped Moxy to cross
the bridge this morning.  She had a 2 year battle with adrenalcortical
carcinoma.  I have been blessed with her love for 8 tears.  Each day of
the last 2 years, since her first surgery for adrenal cancer, has been a
blessing.  I felt that each day was borrowed time and never let a day go
by without telling her how much I loved her.

She has gone down hill really quickly over the week-end.  Last night she
took her duck soup and a really big drink of water for the last time, at
supper time.  She refused all attempts to feed her after that.  All I could
do was love her and cuddle her for in my heart I knew she no longer enjoyed
her life.  She was getting very weak, and could not stand up on her own.  I
feel she either had a stroke, or the cancer had spread to the brain.  She
held her head in a really odd tilt to the left, and even though she did
try to move, it was in a circular movement to the left.  I was up with her
all night, and no matter what we did, she did not seem to be able to get
comfortable for very long.  I gave her some rescue remedy and that seemed
to help her settle some.

I gave her permission to leave and to join Baby and her brothers Toby, Bear
and Murphy.  She was particularly close to Baby and Toby.  She was my very
first ferret.  The one who started the addiction.  She was the only one who
was extremely in tune with my moods.  When she felt I needed comfort, she
would shower my face with kisses and settle under my shirt to comfort me.
She was practically glued to me for several days, when my Dad died.

We are taking her to my Mom's later today to bury her beside Baby.  I've
put her favourite piece of velcro in with her.  Actually it is a train of
several pieces of velcro that she has collected over the years.  There
wasn't a piece of velcro that was safe with Moxy around.  Running shoes,
that had vecro closures were fair game to her, even if they were still on
a pair of feet.  A bit more of a challenge to get her teeth into, but fair
game just the same.

Please everyone, give your babies an extra hug and a kiss in Moxy's memory
tonight.

Sally St. Germain and her 10 "Little Saints."
Hi....my name is Sally....I am a ferret-a-holic!!!!