From:
Tracy Jose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 09:02:58 -0500
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret math woes
>The problem is, I'm not bonding with the new girl.  She's adorable, I like
>her and she's a good ferret, but I just don't feel anything towards her
>like I do for mine, that deep, instinctual love -- which I felt from the
>first moment I saw her.

MB: I have to comment since the very same thing happened to me a while ago.
I had five ferrets, four of which got along great and one (Spunky) which
came to me abused/neglected.  Spunky was an only fuzzy all her life, she
was four years old when I got her from these people.  She was terrified of
people and other ferrets.  But after working with her and giving her tons
of love...she absolutely loves people, but hates other fuzzies.  That is
until I got a call from a woman who was desperate to get "rid" of her
ferret, Leah.  I agreed to take Leah in and was going to post on the FML
to have her placed (my landlord said no more than the five I had).
Anyways, Leah was also an only ferret all her life (also four years old).
I put Spunky & Leah together to see if they would get along, well, they
"tolerated" each other for a while but after a couple of weeks, they were
sleeping together, playing together and now they are inseparable!  Spunky
had no problem being an only fuzzy, but I think now she has never been
happier and it shows with Leah also.

At first, I didn't have a close bond with Leah because I was trying not to
get attached to her, knowing I had to have her placed in a new home.  Well,
I could probably get attached to a pet rock...i'm a sucker for any fuzzy
face and I was ecstatic that she brought such happiness to Spunky.  My bond
with Leah grew so close...she is the most sweetest, adorable little girl
who never bites.  I am so glad I did not place her in another home.  My
landlord (brother-in-law) did not mind me keeping her...he was kind of glad
Spunky had a companion.

MB - These fuzzies have a way of working their magic on you....i'm pretty
sure that you will find yourself bonding with your new little one just
as you did your first one.  When you see her individual personality and
antics...it is hard to resist....besides, just think how happy the one you
have now will be...another fuzzy to snuggle and wrestle with.  If they are
getting along now...they will get even closer in the next few weeks.  Good
luck with what you decide! :-)

Tracy J.
Tango, Chico, Roo, Pepe', Spunky & Leah