From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:14:20 -0400
Just to clarify about Ashling trying to nurse from me recently a few times:
she's 3 and 1/2 years old and this is recent.  Possible causes for her
now trying to nurse from me?  An increased closeness to me due to caring
for her during her illness and after surgery, hormonal changes due to the
double adrenal removal and addition of Fluorinef and Pred, the recent
decrease in her Fluorinef dose, some change in my breasts (due for a
mammogram soon anyway), perhaps a shift to comfortable infantile behavior
just because it's a time of adjustments, others?  Anyway, she's NOT a kit
nor was she weaned early, so it's not that situation, though Meltdown (the
one years ago who did it) was a young one who joined us at 5 weeks of age.
Otherwise, she is her normal self -- strong, athletic, smart, etc.

Others on list here who have had ferrets try to nurse from them?
What was the situation at the time?