From:
"Holender, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 21:08:23 +1200
Hi,

One of my free roam five (Snuff) has been disgracing himself over the last
week or so, by not going in the pans.  Now occasionally the brats will give
the pan a miss, but they usually go close (on the surrounding newspaper).
Now this ferret was literally poohing in the middle of rooms.  It took me a
while to figure out who it was (catch him in the act) and it was definitely
a deliberate act!

So why?  Nothing has changed in their environment or my routine and they
have all been getting the same amount of attention they always did.  Weird.
No sign of an illness or anything either, he is just as active as he ever
was.

I have been paying him a little extra attention, just in case, but are
there any Ferret Shrinks out there who may be able to shed light on this?

As an aside, they are all pretty good because I use positive reinforcement -
every time I see them go in the pan, they get a treat.  However an
incredible amount of potty faking goes on in the hopes of a treat!

-David,
Thor, Grover, Lady Penelope, Milly, Snuff and foster Snuff.