From:
Randy Horton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:12:00 -0700
I am back with a new IP address for my isdn cable and just read about Kim's
situation.  Even though we have about 130 ferrets in the shelter now, we
can handle another 20 if someone can get them here.  We have been up to 150
before and I'm sure the crew can handle that many again.  I have a few dr.
appts with the cardiologist that I can't get out of, but can travel maybe
halfway in two weeks.  If anyone can help transport them halfway, call me
at 303-343-6460.  I can get away for a couple days then.  We will even take
a few special needs kids.  Thank you in advance for anyone who can help Kim
out and get the fuzzies to Especially Ferrets in Denver, Co.

The reason there are so many ferrets in shelters is because of a lack of
commitment.  I know that everyone has preached about how they had to get
rid of their ferrets for one reason or another, the fact is they are a part
of the family!  If your two legged kids needed medical help, would you
abandon them to a shelter?  If you lost your job and had very little money,
would you give up your two legged kids to someone else.  If your landlord
found out you had you two legged kids living with you and threatened to
evict you, would you give them away?  Any responsible parent would give
body parts to save the child they brought into the would or adopted to be
one of their own.  Why don't ferrets or other pets get the same treatment
as another family member?  If you can answer yes to any of the above
questions, you should have no business being in charge of the health and
welfare of any living creature.  You need to have more stuffed animals and
less living ones!  Please pass this on to all you of you have friends with
pets and let's hope that this post will make at least one person
reconsidered surrendering their pet out of convenience.

To Kim and all those struggling to keep their shelter doors open, may God
bless you and give you everything you need to continue your efforts in
saving domesticated ferrets across this country.

Ferretguy