From:
Shannon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:04:05 -0700
HI everyone!  I guess you could say that I am an avid daily reader of the
FML but do not post very often.  I use a lot of the advice that is given
and laugh at all of the little adventures in Fertland.  I have a few little
funny stories to tell about my little "grumpus".

My nephew just finished reading a book called The grumpus under the carpet.
It seems this book was about a little boy and things in his house kept
disappearing.  Well I was telling my nephew about all of the things that I
had found inside my old couch just before I had it hauled away.  The top
to the electric can opener, various shoes, a backpack, and the list goes
on.  My nephew said to me.  "Well Kodo sounds like the grumpus under the
carpet."  So now Kodo has a new nickname.  (kodo hates the new couch, no
hiding spots)

I have been trying to take Kodo out in public to get him used to being
outside etc.  Well I was in the gas station with a ferret in my purse and
I heard the lady behind the counter gasp.  I didn't think anything of it
until I felt the wet little nose on my arm.  It seems he figured out how to
completely open the purse and was looking at the lady.  He has also been to
college with me on a few occasions and one of my professors wanted to take
him home.

And further adventures in Fertland, Kodo will attack any ankle that is
presented to him.  Needless to say the lady from the Census Bureau left
the house with a new love for ferrets.

My daughters decided to take Kodo for a walk one day because it was nice
outside.  He played in the grass for little while than found a shady spot
and went to sleep.  The girls were disappointed because he didn't want to
play!!

I do not think my little boy understands that he is not a human.  He loves
to jump into the bathtub with my girls.  They think it is hilarious.  The
funny thing is that when you try and give him a bath he throws a fit.

One last thing.  Are there any ferret shelters in New Mexico?  I live in
southern New Mexico near El Paso.  I would like to donate items or
volunteer etc..

shannon m and the "grumpus"