From:
Cheri Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 11:17:11 CST
Well, ferret math has struck my house again.  When I only had Chadley and
Poo, I knew I wanted another ferret.  I dunno, three just seemed the right
number.

Then we got Oona, and sure enough, three was the perfect number.  I still
think three is a great number, but you know, stuff just happens.

I got a call from the manager of my local Petco the other night to tell me
she had a man there who wanted to get rid of his ferret. <sigh>  I spoke to
the man, who seemed genuinely concerned that the boy find a good home, but
who just didn't want to clean up after him any more.  Last night I went to
the man's home to see the ferret -- just to look, right?  The little guy
had a small cage with a litter box full of wood chips and a bowl of
Deli-cat cat food inside.  Despite all this, the fuzzy looked to be in good
condition.  The man really thought he was doing the best for his ferret,
since a vet had told him how to care for him.  I gently set him straight on
a few points, and he had me write down information about Totally Ferret and
Ferretvite, since his granddaughter has a ferret.  And of course, I took
the little fuzzy home with me.

The new boy is about a year and a half old, sable, and his name is Snoopy.

While I hate to confuse the poor thing with a new name, I don't think I can
bring myself to call him that, although I don't yet know what I will call
him.  (Yeah, Poo's no better, I know -- but she likes her name :).)  Any
suggestions?  Anyone?

Introductions at my house were interesting.  I had my barely one-and-a-half
pound Poo trying futilely to drag the poor 3-pound newbie around by his
neck <g>.  Oona, who is still a baby, felt no such territorial urges, but
rather fell in love at once.  After a couple of hours of exploring and
butt-sniffing, the new boy was curled up asleep with my old man Chadley.
Later, when I put them all in their cage for the night, the new guy became
very distressed.  He had free run of his former home all the time -- the
cage was only for food and litter.  My babies are caged at night and when
I'm at work -- I would worry too much about them otherwise.  I suppose he
will adjust.

Didn't intend for this to be so long, but I'll end it here :).

Cheri, Chadley, Poo, Oona, the new fuzzy, Alex the dog and the seven
kitties