From:
Dawn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:27:57 -0500
First I want to say hey to all, and hope all is well.  In reply to dead
sleep, I just want to say that it happened to my 2.5 year old also.  It has
happened 3 or 4 times and the first time it happened I totally freaked out
I got soooo scared that I called my vet at home at 2:00 am.  My fuzzie was
in his cage at the time and I heard him whimpering, so naturally I opened
the cage and picked him up and he was soooo limp and wouldn't wake up at
first I had to rough him up a bit to make him come too (nothing drastic or
painful of course)  I also noticed that the hair on his tail was standing
on end like as if he had stuck his paw in a light socket.  So of course I
took him to the vet the very next morning and he did some testing and
found nothing wrong with him.  He told me that Tazy most likely had had a
nightmare and that they do dream (thus the fluffed out tail) the dream was
probably scary and caused his tail hairs to stand on end like that, which
make sense to me.  He said that when they dream they must be in an
extremely deep sleep and is hard to wake up.  I just thought I would share
my experience of dead sleep with you.  Of course the experience of it has
given me quite a few new gray hairs, but it's well worth it, as their is
nothing like being owned by my BEAUTIFUL, and LOVING FUZZBUTTS!!!!!!!!!!!
 :-) :-)

A SPECIAL PRAYER goes out to ALL the sick and homeless fuzzie's in the
world, may the GOOD LORD watch over all of you!!!!!!!  My HEART also goes
out to all that have lost a fuzzie recently, just always remember the good
times with a warm smile and lots of love!!!!  :-)

Dawn, Tazy, Trouble, and Rosy
http://community.webtv.net/tazyd/AllAboutMyFerrets

http://community.webtv.net/tazyd/My4LeggedChildren