Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 06:29:40 EST
Bhob alert.....!

He showed up this evening sometime around 8-ish (I think, I'm a bit
fuzzy-headed right now) with a 7-o'clock shadow (a bit past 5-o'clock
length) and a T-shirt boldly emblazoned SMITHSONIAN.  At least, that's
what I think it said... hard to tell under the dirt.

He parked that bright red joy of his (no, not *that* one... Elizabeth's
driving that one right now) out front just so all the neighbors would get
jealous.

He wouldn't eat my cooking (said something about a Vow to only touch beer &
soggy tacos until he'd witnessed 5 sunrises over his left shoulder while
racing a Porche driving backwards in the fast lane on a major interstate
while listening to a tape of Dr. Demento, or something like that.  I'm not
sure, but I think had something to do with making sure he broke the truck
in properly.) He *promised* it had nothing to do with my cooking.

(He also said I could write anything I wanted, as long as I made it wild
and improbable so that the CAF&G would continue believing that "Bhob" is
a figment of the imagination and that there's no full moon looming on the
horizon to threaten their complacency.)

Conversation ranged from ferrets to politics to ferret politics to religion
to Japanese Anime to Dr. Who to where-he'd-hiked-yesterday and
why-we-buy-the-cars-we-do, to puns, bad puns and worse puns (please,
whatever you do, don't get him started on punning!) and back to ferrets and
round and round...... our son fell asleep on the couch & Steve finally had
to stagger off to bed (does Bob ever sleep?  I was only able to stay awake
because I'm used to odd hours lately... & don't have to work in the
morning.)

He played with ferrets, showed a few wrestling moves to our teenage son
(gee, thanks, said Mom dryly) and left behind a broken hearted girl who sat
on the floor by his feet with her head in his lap for much of the evening,
and didn't want to see him go.  Poor Maille the Dog fell in love....

Last I saw of him was the tail lights of that red Ford disappearing into
the night, on his way to Tucson.

But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight, "Thanks for the clean
shirt!  Now, get to bed, and good night!"

(And I took pics, so I got proof he's real!  That is, if the film develops
properly...)

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."