From:
fuzzyscent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:33:00 -0600
Theres a private owned pet store that I try to ck out regularly,because
they don't take care of animals properly.Well,I 've gone in every other day
for 2 wks as they have 2 SMALL kits in a cage with no blankies/hammock,
ect.Nothing to lay on.I've spoken to Ron,the owner & asked him to please
put something in there for them to sleep on besides the wire bottom of the
cage.When I first saw them,they had Yesterdays litter in the cage,cat food
in feeding dish,water in a bottle.Pile of poop in corner(seedy yellow).This
is when I asked Ron to put something in for them to sleep on.He did.I left
to do other errends.Came back 3 hrs later,no towel.I asked another
saleclerk to put towels,ect in cage.He'd take care of it,waited 45
minutes,had to leave.No anything in cage.I went back yesterday,no litter in
cage,newspaper under wire bottom of cage.Poop piled very high,still seedy
yellow.Asked again to have something put in the cage.He (Ron) got an
attitude with me & asked me to leave which I did.These ferrets stayed on my
mind.I went back today,cage is filthy!!!Same conditions as before.I again
asked Ron if I purchashed the hammock would they leave it in the cage for
the ferrets.Even tried to explain that newbies to ferrets needed to see how
to do a cage correctly.I never got *ugly*.He ranted at me that"I'll take
care of my animals as I see fit!'And I was asked to leave once again.

I wanted to get pictures,but had to take my 14 yr old son to do his
volunteer work at my vets,so I couldn't go back to do so.But I sent my
nephew & my 13 yr old son to take my pictures.

I called the Humane Soc & Animal control.Animal control is going to ck on
it.If they find things as I saw them,then I sign a warrent against Ron for
animal crultey.And I get the ferrets as they would call me anyway.

Oh,when the boys went to take pictures,they found 3 in the cage.Before
there'd only been 2.They said the littlest is to tiny,hardly has teeth.The
2 others are about 7 wks & 2 mths.

Ok,I'm getting up all the stuff I think I will need to prove that they
were(are) neglected.Witnees',pix,ect.Going to try to get my vet to help on
paperwork as to what happens when something like this *persons* care of
ferrets.

Also in this store were guinia pigs,2 had red swollen crusty eyes.A rabbit
had 1 eye look the same way.A cockatiel had a bloody spot that I pointed
out to a lady that had wanted to buy that bird.

Pray that we can do this to get the animals away from him,all of them.

I did get one store to volutarialy to stop selling ferrets as the shelters
are catching them.He did the decent thing.Now,I'm not saying that stores
shouldn't see ferrets.Just not Ron.