From:
Christine Herman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 09:55:36 EST
>I have 4 fuzzies, all between 5 and 6 months old.  Baby, an MF sable, sems
>to shake way more often then usual.  They all get the shakes a little bit
>when they wake up, but everytime my husband or myself picks Baby up, she
>shakes.  We are very gentle with her, don't pick her up roughly or anything
>like that.  Then, thinking she might not want to be picked up, we put her
>down, but she'd rather be held while she's shaking.

Funny I have a female named baby also- she is a shiverer, why I don't know.
Of course she shivers when she wakes up like the other 4 ferrets-but she
also shivers when she drinks or is held too long for her liking or has just
had her ears cleaned.  I adopted her from an abusive situation 3 years ago
and have had her checked numerous times by the vet.  She is healthy but it
could be that although I am gentle with her for three years already she is
still a bit timid of humans.  Do you know how your ferret was treated at
the pet store or at the farm where she came from??  She could have been
rejected by her mother becasue of her deformity or pounced on by siblings.
If she is in good health and has been thourughly checked by a ferret wise
vet-it is probably just a behavioral trait that she has.  is she warm
enough?  Nice full coat?  If not you can make an instant sweater by cutting
up a small sweatsock

-- hope this helps you--
--christine