Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 16:11:54 -0800
Hi all furry folk....
My wonderful husband went out an bought our fur kids a super deluxe ferret
cage this morning.  This this is HUGE!  It stands about 5 feet tall and
there is more than enough room for all 5 kids.  So this leaves us with 2
cages available.  One is about 2 feet high, and was home to our 3 stooges.
This one is older and could use a new floor.  The other is newer and maybe
3 feet high.  We are in the southern Bucks County Pennsylvania area, and if
there are any shelters or anyone else who could use a cage, please email
me.  I don't want anything for them, just come take them away!

Also, we rescued 3 kittens this past fall, and I am not sure whether they
think they are ferrets, or if the ferrets think they are cats!  One of the
cats insists on sleeping with the ferrets, and will howl if we don't let
him in the cage.  Another of the cats gets frantic if he can't find the
ferrets when they are out of their cage.  He will MEOW as loud as he can
over and over while searching the house for them.  And the ferrets will
dance and play with the cats every time they are out and awake.  It is also
not unusual to open the bathroom cupboard and find any combination of cats
and ferrets sleeping in there.  Of course all this cross animalization
really confuses the beagle who is not sure who she is anymore.  She refuses
dog food and opts for what the cats and ferrets eat.  On a good night, you
can usually find 2 or 3 ferrets, at least one cat, and the dog in bed with
us.  I don't think hubby needed to buy a bigger cage, he should have gotten
a bigger bed!

Anyway, if you need a cage, send me an email and I will be in touch.  In
the meantime, condolences to those whose kids have crossed the bridge and
big smiles to those with new kids.

Susan and the zoo
Triskadecka,Friday,Julie,Snickers,Mocha,Spaz,Snookums,Patches,Banjo,Peep
And always missing Peanut,across the bridge

=====
...to be ourselves causes us to be exiled by many others, and yet to
comply with what others want causes us to be exiled from ourselves.
    -- Clarissa Pinkola Estes