Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 22:13:31 -0600
Hello to everyone, we have never posted before but here is our first <s>
we have rescued two ferrets from a family.  Well wasn't a rescue in that
since, she was starting back to school and didn't have time to give them
the proper attention so she gave us her two females.  One is a silver mitt
and the other is a sable.  They are 4 and 5 years old , respectively.  The
problem is the sable ( her name is Peppin) will lick you for a few seconds
then bite.  Sometimes the bite is very hard.  Its not like a mean bite--
its more like a "are you paying attention to me, do you see me?" kinda
bite.  She always licks the spot first before she clamps down.  The
previous owner said she has done this all her life and that she also will
clamp onto a nose if it gets close to her.  We'd like any input or feedback
anyone may have as to how to curtail this behavior in the most effective
way for both us and the ferret.  We are not going to take any action to
dissuade this behavior till we have thoroughly examined this problem and
all the possible remedies.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Please
respond to our email addy as we don't always get to read the full FML and
as a result may miss some important suggestions.  Thanks one and all....
Dook Dook to everyone <smile>

-- Weezzer & Magic
&  the three Furry Terrors ( Little Weezzer, Pele', and Peppin)