From:
"Dewberry, Annette" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 05:03:38 -0700
I'm wanting to adopt or buy a ferret but I have a question about cats and
ferrets.

We have a 1 and a half year old cat that we've raised from a baby.  He is
pretty frisky and has plenty of toys that he bats around the house.  I've
read that you can teach the cat and ferret to get along but I'm concerned
about my cat's claws hurting the ferret.  I don't plan on letting them
alone by themselves but I hope that they could play together.

For those of you that had a cat before they got their ferret can you
respond?  I've thought about getting my cat's front paws declawed but just
wanted to know how other people have handled this.

Thanks,
Annette