This is why I will never choose to move to CA.  And why if I HAD to (though
I'm having a hard time thinking of such a circumstance, though I suppose it
could happen), I would find my ferrets new homes rather than live in fear
of the possibility of having the Fish and Gestapo "stake out" my house,
take my ferrets away to some strange place, and then not even let my own
vet see them.  Don't they have better things to do??  Apparently not.

I'm not blaming Mark for what happened by any means.  I blame the stupidity
of the laws in CA, and I really hope they can be changed soon.  Those who
do choose to (or have to) live in CA -- my hat's off to you.  Just be
really really careful who you let know that you have ferrets.

Karen