As Sukie pointed out in yesterdays FML you DO need to be careful when using
alternatives.  One VERY IMPORTANT factor is that licorice root will also
cause an overactive ( hyper) adrenal condition if the dosage is too great.
( So try to figure what the normal dosage for a ferret is-- I think this is
a crucial consideration for most ferret owners and wanted to pass it along.

In the early days we used licorice root here as well , but considering the
numbers of adrenal ferrets that we saw-- I opted to research other
treatments and save the risk of accelerating an already prominent
condition....

just my 2 cents on licorice root!

alicia
at Ferret Wise