To [DP],

>>What worked for me was to put bedding material (towels, blankets, old
>>t-shirts) in the areas of the cage (and corners of the rooms) where I
>>didn't want the guys to go to the bathroom.
>
>We tried putting bedding materials in the corners of the room where we
>didn't want our little guy to make a poop and do you know what he did??
>HE WENT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BEDDING!  Any more suggestions?

But was the bedding used?  The bedding should be stuff that the ferret
has slept on for a day or so.  This way it contains his sleep smell and he
associates it with a sleep area and not a litterbox.  Putting clean bedding
down does nothing (at least in my experience!).

Mary and the gang of 22....

Mary McCarty-Houser
Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
Director, Centre County Branch