I am thinking of getting my first ferrets, and have heard that the American
domestic ferret is tamer and friendlier than its British cousins, who were
originally bred for hunting.  I would want my ferrets purely as pets, not
as working animals, and I wondered if anyone could tell me if the American
ferrets ARE more suitable as household animals.

If there is a difference, does anyone know if domesticated ferrets of the
American kind are now being bred in Britain?  My local Ferret Welfare
Assocation (close to London) doesn't seem to think so, but I wondered if
American ferret lovers could help.
[Posted in FML issue 2598]