Barbara Wiborg <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>a magazine on the rack by the name of "Fuzzy Creatures Quarterly"... was
>featuring ferrets.  I looked thru it and noticed a photo of prairie dogs.
>Under the photo was written "prairie dogs are distantly related to
>ferrets".  I do believe that prairie dogs are actually rodents and are the
>main food souce for ferrets (black footed).  I think they have their facts
>a bit out of whack...

Yep, you are right.  Prairie dogs are rodents - a type of ground squirrel,
like woodchucks.  They are the primary food of the BFF.  I guess they are
distantly related to ferrets in the sense that both are mammals.  Of
course, humans, horses, bats, elephants, whales, etc. are all distantly
related to ferrets too.......

Kim and The Sooper Poopers
[Posted in FML issue 2532]