Hi,

I have not had a lot of time to follow the genetics thread, but I saw Regina
Harrison's post where she mentioned that somewhere in this discussion it was
said that sable ferrets were the "original" ferret.  I'm confused, because I
thought the original color of the ferret was white/albino and it was the
mixing of ferrets with European polecats that caused the sable ferrets.

Would someone please set me straight?  If I'm wrong about this, then I have
been giving out some incorrect information.

Thanks,
Mark Zmyewski
Cloud Nine Ferrets
Huntsville, Alabama