If you decide to take your ferret outdoors, please attach a leash with lead
on him/her.  Ferrets are naturally curious/adventurous and can run faster
than you/me!  When walking my two girls, who go opposite directions of
course, I add an extra lead so that they can nose around further (10 feet).
If you cannot find the leash+lead set locally, the FML advertising issue
coming up should have some for sale in it.

Shari Gunter
http://www.trifl.org/

ps - When people ask me if ferrets bite, I say "Yes.  Just like cats and
dogs - out of fear, anger, or lack of nip training."
[Posted in FML issue 1817]