This is just a note to let you know probably the easiest way to get a ferret
to release its bite.  Water.  Good old H20.  It's easy, not harmful - and
very effective.

Running a rescue, I have had some good bites.  The one thing that always has
worked is dropping water on their face - especially near their nose.  When I
get a bite, I'm never far from a water bottle, so I just grab it out of its
holder, and sprinkle water from it on their face.  It works when the bite's
on me or on other ferrets.  They have always let go.

Kaye Pullen
Ferretville Shelter & Rescue
[Posted in FML issue 1765]