Thank you for the nice letters about the story.  I'm happy that it has
touched you in the way that it has.  The writing of it has also touched me -
many of my angers and sorrows have fallen by the wayside during the writing
of it.  Christmas is a very powerful thing.

I must apologize for the many typos that are in the story.  The only time I
have to write lately is long after the time that I should be in my wee
trundle bed with Mee Maw and The Guys.  My fingers and eyes go to bed long
before I do.  I'll get the story polished up before it's reposted on
Christmas Eve.

I hope to have the corrections made in a few days so that those of you who
have requested permission to reprint it will have a *cleaned up* copy.  BTW,
I've decided that you should pay for doing so.  Do something nice for
someone who is not expecting it.  Perform a random act of kindness, then the
story will be yours to do with as you wish.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw
[Posted in FML issue 1766]